Kids love to play with food and this is a good party activity as it combines food and fun.
- Use ready-made pizza dough, either frozen or the pop-it-open kind. Enough for the number of kids.
- Or make pizza dough. One 12-inch dough recipe is good for about 8 kids. Make the dough until the second rise and then split it into smaller dough balls and stick it in the fridge until it’s time to use it.
- Provide the kids with a piece of parchment paper and have them press out a little pizza for themselves with the dough. Write their names in pencil on the edge of the parchment.
- Have them spoon pizza sauce out of a jar and spread it on their dough. They can spread it around with the back of the spoon.
- Have bowls with various kinds of pizza toppings for them to choose from.
- Bake in a pre-heated 450 F (230 C) oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese gets brown spots.