This smoothie is very fast and easy to make, especially if you have frozen fruit puree cubes available. I’ve put the directions for puree cubes in the Options and Extras section at the bottom of the recipe. These cubes are great for all kinds of recipes.
This recipe is for one serving and is easily multiplied. Depending on the size of your blender, you may be able to make two servings at a time.
1 cup (237 ml) orange juice
Approx. 6 frozen pineapple puree cubes (or 2/3 cup (158 ml) pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup (118 ml) plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract (optional)
Whir all the above ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Options and Extras:
- Add a handful of fresh blueberries or raspberries before whirring.
- Snip a couple of fresh mint leaves into the blender before whirring.
- You can, of course, use any fruit juice combined with any frozen fruit. Experiment!
- You can use milk, any-fat-content yogurt, or any vegan milk or yogurt, too.
- Buy some cheap ice cube trays from the dollar store. Puree fresh ripe fruit and pour it into the trays. Freeze for at least a day. Transfer the frozen cubes into a freezer container or plastic freezer bag. Label it! You can’t always tell what it is from the color.